Monday, August 19, 2013

ASL-Music to my eyes and ears!! :))

Everyday is a new opportunity to express yourself! For me, today is a great day to start... I am officially a Blogger, beginning this journey with an open-mind. This is like ASL-music to my eyes and ears.

I am an American Sign Language [ASL] Interpreter; sometimes I interpret in Spanish, as well. Interpreting has taken me places I could never have imagined, including:

*Universities [CSUN, NYU, Baruch, Hunter, New School, RIT]
*Elementary-Schools, thru High-Schools [within NY, PA, VA, CA]
*CEO meetings, Wall-Street stock-exchange, Real-estate settings
*Political settings [Americans with Disabilities Act [ADA] policies-NYC, Mayor Rudy Giuliani]
*Job-training, Gym, Recreational, Culinary-school
*Alcoholics-Anonymous, Psychiatric/Rehabilitation-centers
*Courts, social-services, Juvenile Centers, Prisons, Police-emergencies
*Hospitals, medical-appointments, lamaze-classes [3 natural-births, 1 C-section]
*Music-concerts, Comedy, Theater, Film, TV, Dance

I've lived an incredible 18-year adventure as a professional Interpreter; from New York, across America, and all the way to California. I've volunteered as an Interpreter in places like, El Salvador [Central-America], and Colombia [South-America]. I want to continue this great adventure and start a new and exciting endeavor.

It is safe to say ASL & Music play a huge role in my life! I want to explore it, share it and set it free! Until my next post! Have a great day, a fantastic week and a fulfilled life! [WooP'!!! Soooooo excittttted!]


Best!!
~Zulay 
<3

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Neat, you've lived all over US, what is your favorite place you live so far? Congrats on new blog :)

    Purnima

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for writing Purnima! Living in the USA is a plus no matter where it is you live! [I actually feel like I don't know the USA enough.] We are a very fortunate country! Each place beComes my favorite, because I want it to be my favorite! hahaha If I move again, thAt place will shine too!! :)

      Delete